Big Park the creators of Kinect Joy Ride are now bringing us Joy Ride Turbo, a controller-based arcade racer similar to what we expected from Joy Ride when it was first announced.
When it was first announced that Joy Ride was being developed by Big Park, it was supposed to be a free to play controller based arcade racer. The information on the game went dark and it resurfaced with the Kinect as one of the games to come out around the same time as the peripheral. Joy Ride went from a F2P controller game to a retail Kinect title and many fans were upset. Now Joy Ride Turbo has been revealed and it is going back to it’s controller based roots. While I would assume it won’t still be free to play I am glad to see it announced and look forward to more information about it.
• Race your friends in local 4-player split-screen or compete with up to 8 on Xbox LIVE.
• Knock out your competitors and take the race lead with rockets, mines, dynamite drops and more.
• Explore the new Stunt Park to gather all of the collectibles and showoff your skills.
• Find and collect car parts to unlock vehicles, each with unique speed and handling characteristics, giving you an edge in your next race.
• Achieve racing leaderboard fame in 3 modes of play: Battle Race, Pro Race & Time Trial.